Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day 2013


Father's Day 2013.

This Father's Day, I am reflecting on the De Groff men I have known.









While tucking Darren into bed one night recently, Darren looked up and put his arms around my neck and said "Mom, I am telling you this not so you will give me more computer time - not for any reason at all.   I am telling you just because you should hear this. Mom, I have the best possible life I can imagine."

Darren's fingers - woven together at the base of my neck, pulled me closer to his face. He said " I love everything about my life.  My life is wonderful."


Darren has chosen - or perhaps innately is designed - to surrender to the now and see the good in each moment.  He thinks about these things as he drifts into his dreams.

Only two other men would think that way as they fell asleep; only two other men I know would see positive in each situation and choose to be happy  - those two men are the two other De Groff men I have known.




This Father's Day - I invite us all to use my De Groff men as an example - and fall asleep at peace - reflecting on your wonderful life.



Happy Father's Day, Thomas William De Groff.
Happy Father's Day, Garrett William De Groff

No comments:

Post a Comment